On Wednesday, December 8th, Honahlee launched ‘Catalyst’ — a one of a kind platform designed to support healthcare professionals in the medical cannabis space.
You can learn more about Catalyst here, but we thought we’d cover some of the ‘ABCs’ of Catalyst in this article.
What is Catalyst?
Catalyst offers educational resources, support and access to the Cannabis Medicines Database (CMD). The CMD covers 200+ products from over 30 cannabis suppliers that operate in the cannabis industry. It’s the first database of its kind in Australia.
- Provides high-quality, data-based information that’s free from stigma and misinformation
- Shows you unbiased and standardised information about the majority of Australia’s cannabis medicines
- Offers an even playing field for product suppliers
- Is designed to provide patient-centred care and support
Catalyst can help you arm yourself with real-world clinical data and education to help you navigate the (often complicated) cannabis industry.
Or, as Honahlee’s co-founder Tom Brown put it:
The medical cannabis journey undertaken by patients and healthcare practitioners is often fraught with stigma and confusion. Free education from health practitioners and the ability to look at products with clinical data will make prescribers more comfortable trialling cannabis medicine.
Catalyst is targeted at doctors, specialists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
Catalyst features and pricing
Catalyst currently offers a $10 a month plan (billed yearly) and a $15 a month plan (billed monthly).
You can see a complete list of Catalyst’s features here, but both plans include:
- Cannabis prescriber education, including a guide to prescribing medical cannabis and the guides “Cannabis 101” and “Prescriber 101”
- Access to the Cannabis Medicine Database (CMD)
- Clinical, supplier and product updates, including a feature that lets you reach out to suppliers quickly and easily
- Access to the “Find a Cannabis Prescriber Listing” feature that helps people locate and book an appointment with a cannabis prescriber (NOTE: practitioners with premium listings must provide a 10% discount for the first consultation)
How to get access to Catalyst
If you would like to try Catalyst, you can start a 14-day free trial by clicking this link.
There are two steps you need to fulfil to get access to the Cannabis Medicines Database.
First, you need to create an account with your email address, Google account or Microsoft account. Then, you must verify your identity with your APHRA number (if you are a doctor) or your registration number (if you are a nurse practitioner).
If you run into any issues, send an email to “[email protected]” with the subject line “Catalyst for prescribers inquiry.” A member of the Catalyst team will contact you within 48 hours.